We know what you’re thinking: “I love dogs, but I live in an apartment. How can I possibly have a dog?”
Well, we’ve got good news for you! You can totally have a dog in your apartment, and it doesn’t have to be a small breed!. Read on as a local vet talks about which dogs are best to have if you live in an apartment.
Apartment Living With a Dog
When you live in an apartment, you want to make sure that your dog is a good fit for the space. This means that you’ll want to consider things like:
- Size of your apartment (i.e. how big is it?)
- How much time you can spend with your dog each day (are you gone for work all day?)
- Whether or not the dog is good around other animals and people
- A dog is not just a pet—it’s also going to be your new roommate! Make sure that you really think about what kind of dog can fit well into your life.
- Barking considerations
- Dog Breeds That Adjust Well to Apartment Living
There are several different types of dogs that do well in apartments. These include:
- Toy Poodles: These dogs are very intelligent, which makes them easy to train. They also don’t shed much hair and don’t require much exercise. Toy poodles are great for people who live in small spaces and work long hours during the day.
- Dachshunds: Dachshunds are also very smart and independent dogs, making them perfect for living in an apartment. They don’t require much exercise and only need short walks each day. Since they are short-legged, they won’t run away from you if you lose sight of them outside either!
- French Bulldogs: French Bulldogs are another great option for people who live in small spaces because they require minimal exercise and grooming needs as well as being quite friendly with other pets (including cats!). They are also very loyal and affectionate dogs that make great companions.
- Rottweilers: Rottweilers are another large breed that makes a great apartment dog. They don’t require much exercise, only needing to be walked on a regular basis or taken on long walks every now and then. They are also very loyal and protective of their owners as well as friendly with other pets (including cats!). They are also very affectionate dogs that make great companions.
- Beagles: Beagles are a great option for people who live in small spaces because they don’t require much exercise or grooming needs and they’re quite friendly with other pets (including cats!). They are also very loyal and affectionate dogs that make great companions.
If you have more questions or are considering adopting your new apartment buddy, please don’t hesitate to call us, your local vet clinic!